Why is my car on a few hold at the police impound

Euless, TX |

My car was towed to impound when I was arrested on federal warrant . . Why cant I have my car , I have proof it was paid , I owned my car before the crimes mi accused took place

1. You have not indicated what you were arrested for, but presumably, your car would have been impounded on the theory that it was evidence or contained evidence related to the matter that you were arrested for.

2. The police could be holding the car as evidence. They could also be holding it because they intend to seize it as part of an asset forfeiture proceeding, which typically occurs in drug cases. If you are charged with a federal offense, you have or need to have a defense attorney representing you. Ask that person to contact the police to find out the reason for the hold.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. What exactly were you arrested for? Was the car somehow involved and being held as evidence?

Traffic tickets topics