Why is it that every time someone calls on the BAR to help them resolve issues with their attorneys, cause of non communication,

Asked 3 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

issues, end up getting fired by their attorneys? simple question u think

1. Alan Ray Barnes

5

Answered . If you're reporting your lawyer to the bar association, the attorney-client relationship has clearly broken down. If this breakdown makes it impossible to continue to represent the client effectively, the lawyer has an ethical obligation to resign.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

Answered . If you think about it, you will concur that you would not want to continue to be represented by an attorney against whom you had made accusations that could cost that lawyer his/her livelihood. You can't trust that lawyer's objectivity and commitment. Equally important, that lawyer can no longer trust you, and you need an attorney smart enough to recognize that. So, on both sides, there is a failure of an effective working relationship.

3. Pardis Patrick Ashouri

1

Answered . There must be a reason you have to involve the Bar in order to communicate with your "attorneys". And of course if there is a break down in communication with the client, as mentioned by colleagues above, the attorney since has a duty to represent client's best interest and is unable to because of communication issues with the client , is best to resign from the case. Best of luck.

4. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

1

Answered . You want to find a lawyer who will talk to you and for which you don't need to involve the state Bar. I hope that you find a lawyer that will represent you and communicate with you. God bless.