Skip to main content

Why is it that a court in Palmer Alaska can knowingly violate the UCCJEA in multiple ways and not be concerned in the damage?

Palmer, AK |

Why is it that our legal system can not determine what can and should be done to overturn this, what state should Handel it ? and what court should handle it? State of federal? I have exhausted my very limited resources and gained no progress? Was I wrong to trust the legal system? Who can help? A time clock is ticking down and I can not get help. Does anyone know how to help?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should get many more appropriate Alaska responses. It still would help if yo identified your reltaionship to the minor.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. You have published personal information in this very public website. Hopefully Avvo will remove your question or at least redact the personal information.

  3. The UCCJEA is not a statute that can be "violated." It is a merely collection of guidelines to be considered by courts in choosing to take, maintain, or relinquish jurisdiction over a matter of child custody. Only state courts are involved. It is unlikely that the public information about the law and legal services we can offer here will provide the help you need. At the very least you should find the resources for a consultation with a local family practitioner experienced in UCCJEA matters.

    Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics