Why is it good to have an attorney when buying a foreclosed home?

Cherry Hill, NJ |

My home is in pre-forclosure and i am trying to buy it back. the home is not in my name

1. Yes Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with a reputable attorney.

2. Yes, an attorney will make sure everything is clear and that you have good title. I specialize in this.

All answers given are on a general basis and are not meant to be taken as legal advice. Without reviewing documentation and material, the advice given is for informational purposes only. You should hire an attorney if you want to rely on the legal advice you get.

3. It is good to buy a home with an attorney's help in any case. If you get one from the realtor, that is not YOUR lawyer - they are doing things to help the realtor and the seller, not you. There are many things which need to be settled in the purchase, not the least of which is to ensure that there is the best possible language in the agreement for YOU, and to make sure you get all your rights in the purchase. It is usually well worth it for you.

This should not be considered legal advice and is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute a contract for legal services between any parties. Answers are given to questions for which there may be additional facts not mentioned which might change the legal issues or consequences.