Why is it possible that a father can be granted sole custody if they find no fault on the mother behalf?

Saint Louis, MO |

I Went to court the Family on my daughter fathers side took the stand but no one on my side of the family was given a chance to testify on my behalf. i was never notified as to why he was granted sole custody.

It sounds like you didn't have an attorney, which put you at a severe disadvantage. Sole custody, in Missouri, means that one parent has the right to make decisions regarding the child's health, education and welfare. It isn't about proving that there is "fault." It is simply a question as to whether or not two people can co-parent effectively, or whether they have a commonality of beliefs.

If the case just happened, you need to see a lawyer right away. There may still be an opportunity to ask for a new hearing.

Best Wishes

This advice is based upon limited and hypothetical circumstances. For an answer that is specific to your situation, please consult an attorney. The answering of this question does not create an attorney/client relationship, and the poster should seek additional information from qualified legal counsel. Many attorneys, like ours, offer no-cost consultations.

Recommended articles about Family law