Why is immigration so easy for fraudsters, why does the USCIS make it easy to defraud the system?

New York, NY |

The government seems to make it incredibly easy for someone to cheat the system.....all a fraudster needs is a few bills, pictures and such things to "prove" they were married for real and not for papers! How incredibly easy it is for the person committing the fraud to use a US citizen and scam them for the papers so they can get a green card. And all they have to do is present that in a little packet to immigration and the USCIS checks it off and ok, here is the green card! Congrats on cheating the system! And they seem to believe the fraud person more than the US citizen who have been used because the citizen doesn't have "proof" that they were used. I think the system was actually designed to get fraudsters into the US.

If you know of any credible indications or evidence of ongoing immigration fraud contact the ICE Investigation Unit at the following sites:
visit www.ice.gov/tips or call (866) 347-2423

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

In fact it has become considerably more difficult to get legalization through marriage to US citizen. The system does have many safeguards to prevent fraud, and each marriage of less than two years is interviewed by highly skilled officers trained to uncover fraud. However, of course, this is not always 100%, and some cases fall through the cracks. Nevertheless, those who get caught, pay a big price with their liberty. If someone knows of any immigration fraud, they are encouraged to contact ICE.

www.GintareLaw.com. Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

Really? So each person seeking immigration benefit through marriage which lasted less than 2 years is interviewed by highly skilled officers? Is that for every case of i-751 waiver? I am a victim of marriage fraud and my "ex-husband" is trying to remove conditions with i-751 waiver based on defrauding me...I reported him though, he thinks it's so easy if he collected the evidence...since he is a very good liar he may fool the immigration officers as well as he fooled me..

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

This is not so easy as he may think. Since he has to file a waiver, i.e. Form I-751, and you have also reported him, the case will definitely be investigated for potential fraud.

Ok thanks I hope he doesn't get away with defrauding me and the system..

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite

You are very welcome. He will have a high burden to satisfy, which will be particularly difficult to prove if the case has already been reported for fraud as you mentioned.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Thank you for marking the answer helpful.

It is a rhetorical question.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.