Why I received 2 welcome letters from uscis after green card was granted?

Merrick, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I recieved a welcome noticed last week and then yesterday I recieved the same one just with different date why would they send the same notice twice
Thank you

Probably just an error on their part. Nothing to worry about. You should however make sure the A number is the same on both. If the A number is different you should call the 1 800# or mail a letter and copy of both letters to the USCIS.

Nothing to worry about. USCIS usually does that.

You are OK - it happens.

Dear Deborah thank for your answer can you also tell me why they keep one picture from our album?

Not a problem. I had a client that got 5 welcome letters! We joked that if they were to send one more maybe they'd just make him a citizen!!

Now, if they send you 2 cards, make an InfoPass appointment.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

It is probably a mistake.
-
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.