Why don't you all have identifying information whether you are a defense attorneys or the plaintiff's lawyers, especialy

Palm Springs, CA |

for medical malpractice and bodily injuries? Shouldn't you identify if you represent the injured individuals or the defense (corporations, businesses, and hospitals/doctors/nurses)?

1. Many attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants. Attorneys who represent defendants only are usually employed or retained by insurance companies and will promptly advise a potential client that they represent defendants only if that is, in fact, the case or if they have a conflict of interest.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. Many attorneys represent both plaintiffs and defendants in their respective claims. Some attorneys do limit their practice to Plaintiffs only or Defense only, and this claim is normally asserted on the attorney's website.

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I. I am not your lawyer and I am not representing you in the underlying issue stated in your question. The response I have offered is not intended to be relied upon, you should seek out an attorney to assist in this matter.

3. I could be wrong on this one, but I suspect this is "Huntington Beach"

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

4. If the answer provided is helpful to you, does it really mattter who the attorney usually represents.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

5. I think you'll find that you can determine whether an attorney represents plaintiffs or not by looking at their AVVO profile

This answer is provided as a public service for informational purposes only. Providing this information does not create an attorney-client relationship. As with all legal matters, you should contact an experienced attorney in your geographical area to discuss the law specific to your state. For more information, see www.hendricksonlaw.com.