Why don't infraction warrants produce arrest and misdemeanor do? whats the difference. is an infraction less than a misdemeanor?

Valencia, CA |

why can they arrest u if u have a misdemeanor warrant out but not an infraction? isnt it the same thing

Infractions are less than a misdemeanor. In addition, infractions don't require jail time whereas misdemeanors may carry up to one year in jail.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. Infraction are below misdemeanors in severity. Usually they are for minor traffic violations etc. Generally speaking there are no jury trials allowed for infractions, only court trials - and to jail time, only fines. Consult with a local criminal attorney if you are concerned - many offer free consultations. Be aware that as traffic offenses the results can appear on your DMV record point count - affect your insurance rates etc.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. I agree with my colleagues regarding an infraction carrying no jail time or probation. But if you fail to appear in court on an infraction then it could result in a bench warrant and even suspension of your driver's license. Good luck.

www.losangelesdefenders.com

4. Infractions are small stuff, tickets. Misdemeanors are more serious charges like DUI, domestic violence, battery, assault, prostitution, etc

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

DUI topics