Why does my ex-wife have a negative number on our child support guidelines worksheet?

Orlando, FL |

Under the Federal Income Tax she has a -$602.97 making her income go up by that amount. The form was done by the court and I do not understand why they added $600 a month to her income. Is it because she gets to claim the kids for taxes?

I don't think that we can answer that without looking at the document(s).........

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Does she claim the earned income credit?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

Yes ma'am. Do they automatically figure this in Orange County?

Carin Manders Constantine

Carin Manders Constantine

I do not know what Orange County does, but that could explain why the negative number is there.

Okay, thank you very much.

We need to see the financial affidavits and the worksheet in order to advise.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239