Why does it months if you have paid to file for emergency hearing?

Charleston, SC |

spouse in contempt of court and had signed pleadings prepared . court informs me that nothing ever been filed after I paid my lawyer our agreed retainer. please don't write back u already have a lawyer cause I (don't now) Or consult local attorney, cause I have did that as well, at least the ones around me. It this must be the good o boys system in SC

The only thing I was told was the fact. That he was (unfamiliar with the Judges) Lawyer never filed with the court, as to why , I never got a valid answer. just told by letter do not come to office to pick my only original files

To answer your question about why it took months (actually never occurred) to get a hearing, from what the court told you your prior attorney never filed the motion for the hearing even if that is what was discussed so that would explain why you never had the hearing.

There are two and only two potential answers to you. You do not want to hear or consider either. We can do no more.

Talkk to your lawyer and see why he never filed.

Ask the attorney who didn't file. No way we could know in this side of the computer.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Civil motions topics