Why do lawyers lie so much? Why are they so arrogant?

Charleston, SC |

Why do lawyers act so vindictevely?

There are no simple answers to questions like these. Human nature is subject to almost infinite variety and circumstances can bring out the worst behavior in any identifiable group. That said, to the untrained person a lawyer doing his or her job of advocating may often appear to the opposing party to be a liar. There is a profound difference between vigorous advocacy and lying but most lawyers understand that disagreements about the line between those two activities are inevitable.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

2. Lawyers are one of the few professionals who will lose their license to practice if they lie.

That said, no one has to agree that your side of the story is the truth.

Litigation Topics