Skip to main content

Why do i need to send the petitioner my financial afidavit?

Lakeland, FL |
Filed under: Family law

My daughter was served papers they say petition to determine paternity and for related relief. However the last page states my daughter needs to send in her financial afidavit. why if we have not received his doe we need so send him hers?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Because part of determining custody will be determining child support, and the financial information is needed to correctly calculate the support amount.

    We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

  2. Becauase it will have a chidl support component and you need the fs for that. take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  3. If it makes you feel better, you can wait until the other party provides you with their affidavit. Both parties' net incomes will be needed to calculate the child support.

  4. The Flroida Family Rules 12.285 are mandatory on cases such as this. In them the Florida Supreme Court has dictated that all persons paternity as well as divorces and others are required to file nbot only financial affidavits but "financial disclsure." Type the following in to your browser for a list of what is required: "Florida Family Rule 12.285." Not only must it be filed it must be kept current, i.e. amended if there is any material change in the financial condition. The afffidavits of both parties need to be filed within 45 days of the date of sevice of process on your daughter. His too! Good luck

    This answer was provided as a courtesy to you and no attempt was made to establish any type of attorney/client relationship.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics