Why do i need to send the petitioner my financial afidavit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakeland, FL

My daughter was served papers they say petition to determine paternity and for related relief. However the last page states my daughter needs to send in her financial afidavit. why if we have not received his doe we need so send him hers?

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

1

8

Answered . Becauase it will have a chidl support component and you need the fs for that. take care.

2. Michael J Corbin

4

Answered . Because part of determining custody will be determining child support, and the financial information is needed to correctly calculate the support amount.

3. Gregory Thomas Buckley

Pro

1

Answered . If it makes you feel better, you can wait until the other party provides you with their affidavit. Both parties' net incomes will be needed to calculate the child support.

4. Robert M Chambers

Answered . The Flroida Family Rules 12.285 are mandatory on cases such as this. In them the Florida Supreme Court has dictated that all persons paternity as well as divorces and others are required to file nbot only financial affidavits but "financial disclsure." Type the following in to your browser for a list of what is required: "Florida Family Rule 12.285." Not only must it be filed it must be kept current, i.e. amended if there is any material change in the financial condition. The afffidavits of both parties need to be filed within 45 days of the date of sevice of process on your daughter. His too! Good luck