Why do I need to be re-booked?

Hollister, CA |

I was arrested and booked for GBI in a bar fight. We were both willing participants. But it seems I'm the one in trouble. I Have no prior arrest record..

I went to court. the Judge said no files were charged sent me home. I received a paper in the mail stating to turn myself in. and it had a new court date..so why do need to be booked again for same charges? I called the Jail and they can find nothing on me.

I'm not sure why you are being re-booked. It could be that you were arrested originally, no filing decision was made and now the case was filed and/or you failed to appear at arraignment. You should obtain counsel to defend your case. From the little you tell me, it may be very defensible. www.taubcriminaldefense.com

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

If you were booked already, you should not have to be again.. I assume the letter to be booked was from the police department. Get an attorney and fight this case. There are a lot of good defenses to a willing fight. "Mutual combat" -

You were sent that paper to turn yourself in because charges have now been filed against you.
Mark A Seif,
Attorney at Law
toll-free 800.316.6030