Why do I need to be re-booked?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hollister, CA

I was arrested and booked for GBI in a bar fight. We were both willing participants. But it seems I'm the one in trouble. I Have no prior arrest record..

I went to court. the Judge said no files were charged sent me home. I received a paper in the mail stating to turn myself in. and it had a new court date..so why do need to be booked again for same charges? I called the Jail and they can find nothing on me.

1. Richard Franklin Taub

1

Answered . I'm not sure why you are being re-booked. It could be that you were arrested originally, no filing decision was made and now the case was filed and/or you failed to appear at arraignment. You should obtain counsel to defend your case. From the little you tell me, it may be very defensible. www.taubcriminaldefense.com

2. Stephen Troy Allen

Answered . If you were booked already, you should not have to be again.. I assume the letter to be booked was from the police department. Get an attorney and fight this case. There are a lot of good defenses to a willing fight. "Mutual combat" -

3. Mark A Seif

Answered . You were sent that paper to turn yourself in because charges have now been filed against you.
    Mark A Seif,
    Attorney at Law
    toll-free 800.316.6030