Why do all lawyers lie?

Asked over 2 years ago - Corona Del Mar, CA

Why do the lawyers lie to the client or the potential client? If a minority woman is a potential client for a medical malpractice or personal injury, do they all inevitably try to cheat me?

What are the reasons they make it hard to reach them, tell me things I don't need to know or ask like "there are 'people' waiting for me outside and the car is running, and I got to go, but call me tomorrow firt thing in the morning" or "I didn't get your email (for the 3rd time) so I want you to send it again to me with your phone number" etc.

Are they trying to exert psychological control, trying hard to get, or what kind of games are they playing (and wasting my time)?

1. Paul Y. Lee

5

Answered . It is not true that all lawyers lie. If you are unhappy with your counsel, there are many conscientious, hard working and competent attorneys out there. Do not let your negative experience color your view of the entire profession. Good luck.

2. Michael Charles Doland

3

Answered . Thank you so much for your thoughtful analysis.

3. Jacob Adam Regar

3

Answered . You ask a loaded question. If you're unhappy with your attorney you can find another one.

4. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

3

Answered . Unless you've had personal experience with all 232,000 active members of the State Bar of California, you can't make that generalization.