Why did they allow a convicted felon from another country to go free after serving 10 years in federal prison

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I have a very close friend that came to this country on a permanent visa in 1979 and in 1992 was convicted on cocaine charges and he went to federal prison after 10 years they let him out and he did 5 years probation he got off probation and got a job we would like to know why he was not detained and sent home because he falls under the retro act that Clinton enacted was it a mistake and if so why didn't they come get him now it has been 10 years and he wants to know if he can apply for citizenship or renew his visa and if he can travel home and come back

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . Your answer probably lies within the law. Each case is different and only your close friend, the private attorney if any and DHS know the reason why.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Ask your friend.