Why did they allow a convicted felon from another country to go free after serving 10 years in federal prison

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I have a very close friend that came to this country on a permanent visa in 1979 and in 1992 was convicted on cocaine charges and he went to federal prison after 10 years they let him out and he did 5 years probation he got off probation and got a job we would like to know why he was not detained and sent home because he falls under the retro act that Clinton enacted was it a mistake and if so why didn't they come get him now it has been 10 years and he wants to know if he can apply for citizenship or renew his visa and if he can travel home and come back

1. Your answer probably lies within the law. Each case is different and only your close friend, the private attorney if any and DHS know the reason why.

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

2. I agree with my colleague.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. Ask your friend.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.