Why did the Judge NOT grant me attorney fees for my husbands failure to not attend mediation 4 times?

I did everything right. My husband is dragging this case by not attending mediation. I tried 4 times and all four times he failed to show up. I expected the Judge to be firm with him about attending mediation. But the opposite happened, and she did not even question him as to why he never showed up. This is absolutely crazy. She claimed that she did not feel that this case was ready for a hearing despite providing her with all the evidence my attorney said I needed. Why?! I did everything right!? Now I have to wait for another hearing.

I am sure you understand that no attorney on this site can look into the mind of your judge and tell you why the judge did what she did. This is especially so where we cannot possibly know all of the facts and background of the case.

Since you have an attorney, you should address these question to him or her. It would be inappropriate for us to interfere with that important attorney-client relationship by providing advice and counsel that may or may not be inconsistent with your attorney.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Shes not my attorney of record. And she saya she has no idea what happened. She is out of the case now.

I agree with counsel. I'm sorry that you're going through this. If you already have an attorney it would be more appropriate to ask your lawyer's opinion as to this issue who knows your case. In addition, did the judge put their reasoning on the record. I also agree with counsel that no lawyer can get inside the head of a judge and tell you what a judge is thinking or the reasons why a judge ruled on an issue in your case. You can get a transcript or ask your lawyer for their professional opinion.

Ms. Johns can be reached at (866) 402-4038. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless and until you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This email does not otherwise constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax lawyers or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. If you wish such services, please consult with the appropriate professional in that field.

You should speak with your attorney to discuss what happened. She likely has an interest in having that conversation with you as well.

Best of luck

There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. Further, everything we both just wrote is publicly available on the internet and would be the same as if we were talking in a crowded restaurant. If you need legal assistance use Avvo to find a local attorney in your jurisdiction that you feel can best represent your interests as a zealous advocate. My experience is in corporate tax, white collar criminal defense, partnership tax, and tax controversy/litigation. If you're being audited by the IRS or state taxing authority, or you are taking an unusually risky tax position on a return, that is the kind of thing you should have experienced counsel on your side and we can set up an initial consultation. If you have a family law, debt collection, violent crime sort of issue then I do not handle that. Do not contact me for an initial consultation on non-tax matters.