Why did the Judge NOT grant me attorney fees for my husbands failure to not attend mediation 4 times?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I did everything right. My husband is dragging this case by not attending mediation. I tried 4 times and all four times he failed to show up. I expected the Judge to be firm with him about attending mediation. But the opposite happened, and she did not even question him as to why he never showed up. This is absolutely crazy. She claimed that she did not feel that this case was ready for a hearing despite providing her with all the evidence my attorney said I needed. Why?! I did everything right!? Now I have to wait for another hearing.

1. Neil Pedersen

7

Answered . I am sure you understand that no attorney on this site can look into the mind of your judge and tell you why the judge did what she did. This is especially so where we cannot possibly know all of the facts and background of the case.

Since you have an attorney, you should address these question to him or her. It would be inappropriate for us to interfere with that important attorney-client relationship by providing advice and counsel that may or may not be inconsistent with your attorney.

Good luck to you.

2. Hillary Johns

4

Answered . I agree with counsel. I'm sorry that you're going through this. If you already have an attorney it would be more appropriate to ask your lawyer's opinion as to this issue who knows your case. In addition, did the judge put their reasoning on the record. I also agree with counsel that no lawyer can get inside the head of a judge and tell you what a judge is thinking or the reasons why a judge ruled on an issue in your case. You can get a transcript or ask your lawyer for their professional opinion.

3. Daniel Lee O'Neil

2

Answered . You should speak with your attorney to discuss what happened. She likely has an interest in having that conversation with you as well.

Best of luck