Why did I receive this ticket, when Alternate-side parking regulations were suspended on Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday

November 3, 2012 From: Lyson Bazile 64-20 Saunders Street, apt B6 Rego Park, NY 11373 To: Queens Chronicle 41-2 Bell Boulevard Bayside, NY 11361 Re: I wonder if this happens on Park Avenue… To whom it may concern: On July 02, 2012 I had to pay a parking violation issued to me on Martin Luther King Day (01/17/2011). It was clearly stated on that day that all alternate side parking were suspended. I even called 311. Two years later I am still angry about this… Why did I get this ticket? The violation went from $50.00 for $120.00. I wrote numerous letters (see enclosed) in protest and trying to get the ticket dismissed in vain. I was found guilty and yet I do not believe that I had broken any rules or regulations. I am hoping that by making my story known I will prevent this injustice from happening for someone else. I should have written this letter the moment I was subjected to this, however better late than never. What should I have done, what should have been my course of action? Thank You, Lyson Bazile See enclosed (all correspondences attached)

Rego Park, NY -

Susan Pernick

Susan Pernick

Litigation Lawyer - Glen Head, NY

There's nothing you can do about it now - it's too late.
.
The time to do this was when the ticket was returnable, three years ago.

There's a legal saying. He who sits on his hands gets nothing

Sponsored Listing
Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

Unless you own a trucking company, the safest thing to do when you get a NYC parking ticket is pay it. Especially if it is only $50.00. It's the added price you have to pay to live in NYC - which is why I don't live in the city!

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Monsey, NY

There are no points to parking tickets.

Sponsored Listing

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.