Why did I get to keep my license?

Asked over 2 years ago - Yuba City, CA

I got a DUI (drugs) later plead to Wet Reckless and throughout the entire ordeal I never lost my license? The police took it when I got arrested, but they gave it back with the rest of my stuff when I left booking.

I tried scheduling my DMV hearing (as I was told to do within 10 days), and I got a letter saying my appointment was cancelled and "No further contact necessary at this time."

I am not complaining, but I am just wondering whether there was something particular that may have excluded me from losing my license?

I do not know why the DMV cancelled my appointment since the letter they sent didn't provide any information and the "Appointment has been cancelled" and "No further contact necessary" statements were just boxes that they had checked in.

Im very much in the dark.

1. William David Ausman

1

Best Answer

Answered . The DMV suspends your license if you are driving with a BAC of .08 or above. They do not suspend your license for the driving under the influence of other substances.

2. Steven Daniel Riley

Answered . The simplest answer would be DMV has to have a reason to suspend your license. It is possible after reviewing your case they decided there was not enough evidence to proceed with your case.

3. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . In addition to what the other attorneys said, you got lucky. Don't rock the boat. Leave it alone and count your lucky stars.