Why can't they find the accident report

Clemmons, NC |

I recently had an auto accident, and the accident reports shows that it clearly was not my fault. Anyways, the insurance companies say that have not been able to view the accident report online yet. I dont understand that. My insurance has paid off my vehicle with a little left over. But I am still left without a car, In other words I am not where I was before the accident. The guilty parties insurance still claims that have not received or viewed any accident report yet. I have been to the doctor and evaluated for acute shoulder pain, and given prescriptions. Am I entitled to receive anything from the guilty parties insurance for this + I have missed two days of work, and have been using other transportation since the accident. What should I do.

i took pictures of the accident scene showing where my vehicle ended up after been side swiped. I took pictures of the damage from all angles I could see, and also of the other vehicle. When I looked at the accident report. the diagram was unbelievably similar as to what happened. I simply pulled up the accident report just by typing in my name in the search filed, and it popped up with all information. Yet they say they are still waiting on it. My insurance and the other parties. I even faxed a copy to my insurance claims department. Craziness. So I have decided to just hand deliver it to one of my insurance's local offices. Should I also make a copy for the guilty partie's insurance carrier also, or wait and let it be done otherwise? Should I inform the other persons insurance of my injuries, or NOT?

You will be entitled to medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering from the negligent driver's insurance company when the time comes. You should get all reasonable and necessary medical treatment and evaluation and settle your claim only when you know how much your past monetary losses are and how well you have recovered from your injury. You should take advantage of a free consultation with a good North Carolina personal injury attorney who will know how to evaluate your case and maximize your recovery.

Fax them your accident report and hire a NC personal injury attorney.

yes i did that, and i get the same run a round. i now have an attorney.

You need to retain an attorney immediately to advocate on your behalf to the at fault driver's insurance company. Insurance companies will delay accepting the claim until you do!

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery.

you are absolutely correct... I found that out by trying to solve it myself.

As long as you let an insurance company jerk you around after an accident, they will. Today they "can't find" the accident report. Tomorrow, they may have found the report or you will have sent a copy, but another excuse will be found to delay, deny and defend against your claim.

If you are serious about your case, retain an experienced personal injury attorney in your jurisdiction. See the link below for more:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

yes i surely did.

Sometimes it does take a bit of time for the police department to finalize the police report. This is because oftentimes, more than one officer is involved in the creation and finalizing of the report - in other words, the report has to go through several hands. If you had your own car insurance at the time of the crash, I suggest you report the claim to your own carrier. This way, your insurance company will fix your car, less your deductible, and then seek repayment from the at-fault carrier. Also, if you were carrying medpay coverage, your insurance company will pay some of your bills. Regarding what you are entitled to collect from the at-fault driver, you are entitled to recover for all of your harms and losses (medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damages). However, all of this is dependent upon the limits the other driver was carrying at the time of the crash.

Please understand that I do not have an attorney-client relationship with you unless you have signed an employment contract with me. As always, seek the advice of an attorney.

yes, thanks for the information. the police report appeared online about several days after accident. it stated the other driver as being at fault for lane change violation.

no broken bones found, but there is a lot ofmuscle soreness in different areas