Why can't I, see my husband while he is in federal custody?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rockford, IL

He is in jail , and they said because of my past criminal record , I can not visit him , after he goes to federal prison .

1. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

3

Answered . Consult an experienced attorney to assist you.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . You already have the answer to your question. Your past criminal record could prevent you from being allowed to see your husband when he goes to federal prison.

3. Sean Patrick Lewis

3

Answered . What they say may very well be true. It generally depends on what your crime was, how recent it was, and whether you are currently on parole, probation, or supervised release.

See: http://www.bop.gov/inmate_locator/who.jsp

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . It appears that your prior criminal history prevents you from seeing your relative per the federal Bureau of Prisons regulations.