Why can't I, see my husband while he is in federal custody?

Rockford, IL |

He is in jail , and they said because of my past criminal record , I can not visit him , after he goes to federal prison .

What they say may very well be true. It generally depends on what your crime was, how recent it was, and whether you are currently on parole, probation, or supervised release.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

You already have the answer to your question. Your past criminal record could prevent you from being allowed to see your husband when he goes to federal prison.

Consult an experienced attorney to assist you.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

It appears that your prior criminal history prevents you from seeing your relative per the federal Bureau of Prisons regulations.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602