Skip to main content

Why can t I get my record sealed if I have a sentence of a order withholding adjudication and five years of probation

Hollywood, FL |

which has been done

Attorney Answers 3


Without knowing more about the charge you are speaking of and whether or not you have prior convictions or unresolved charges, it would be difficult to answer this questions for you, but you can check the reasons for denials at the link below. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Your question is not clear, but I'll do the best that I can with what I think you mean. If you are currently on probation, for five years, you are not eligible to seal your case until your probation is successfully terminated. While on probation, your case is technically still open. Once terminated successfully, and or terminated early with no violations or revocations, and your charge is not one of the enumerated exceptions under the statute, you will be eligible to seal your record, assuming you have no prior convictions. Good luck.

Mark as helpful


As Mr. Gilbert stated, it is difficult to answer your question without more information. Is your probation term over? What were you sentenced for? Have you ever had something else expunged or sealed?

Responses should not be relied upon for legal decision making. One should contact a lawyer and establish an attorney-client privilege to rely on legal advice. Any communication here is NOT considered attorney-client privilege and is not confidential.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics