Why aren't doctors forced to retire?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I had a physically impossible misdiagnoses from a doctor well into his seventies . I think that it is a danger to health care to have doctors practicing for that long because the very danger that middle aged doctors fear - loss of reputation - is not a factor for them and I think they are more likely to recommend risky treatment for their patients like surgery and to not listen to the patient because they feel they've " heard it all " and patient's words are instantly transformed to something else in their mind , because there are no consequences for their actions . Other jobs require people to retire by a certain age . Not medicine . This should be suspect .

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . There is no legal question here. If you want to introduce legislation, contact your legislature.