Why are they offering such a great deal if i cop a plea?

Sacramento, CA |

plea bargain for time served 5 days when charged with felony poss. for sales of meth with scale. already on felony probation for poss. why do they not want to go to trial? what am i not being told?

Your attorney either is really good or the prosecutors case against you isn't so good. Either way, you should go over your case with your attorney in detail!

Elliot Zarabi

You're seriously asking this question? Without knowing the specifics of your case, it's not possible for anyone say for sure. Chances are, the prosecutor doesn't have a very strong case and your attorney knows this and called their bluff.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

In Sac, if they are offering 5 days on aa possession for sale charge, there is something wrong with the case such as a minimal amount, or they are trying to get information from you to prosecute someone else. I will assume that you have an attorney who is a private one or a public defender. You should be asking him or her, not here. Do not post any facts since this is a public forum. Depending on the facts, it may be a gift, on the other hand, not so much. Talk to your lawyer.

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Definitely talk to your attorney. Go over the facts of the case.

The prosecutors much like the public defenders have a large case load and they aren't necessarily wanting to waste time pursuing minor cases when they would rather take major cases to trial. This is why CA doesn't use prosecutors for traffic cases. Even though its strong, they do not have the resources. Also the prison overcrowding is causing sentences to get shorter.

This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.