Why are they offering such a great deal if i cop a plea?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

plea bargain for time served 5 days when charged with felony poss. for sales of meth with scale. already on felony probation for poss. why do they not want to go to trial? what am i not being told?

1. Joshua Kaizuka

5

Answered . In Sac, if they are offering 5 days on aa possession for sale charge, there is something wrong with the case such as a minimal amount, or they are trying to get information from you to prosecute someone else. I will assume that you have an attorney who is a private one or a public defender. You should be asking him or her, not here. Do not post any facts since this is a public forum. Depending on the facts, it may be a gift, on the other hand, not so much. Talk to your lawyer.

2. Slavik Steve Leydiker

4

Answered . You're seriously asking this question? Without knowing the specifics of your case, it's not possible for anyone say for sure. Chances are, the prosecutor doesn't have a very strong case and your attorney knows this and called their bluff.

3. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

3

Answered . Your attorney either is really good or the prosecutors case against you isn't so good. Either way, you should go over your case with your attorney in detail!

Elliot Zarabi
    www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com
    213-612-7720

4. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

1

Answered . The prosecutors much like the public defenders have a large case load and they aren't necessarily wanting to waste time pursuing minor cases when they would rather take major cases to trial. This is why CA doesn't use prosecutors for traffic cases. Even though its strong, they do not have the resources. Also the prison overcrowding is causing sentences to get shorter.