Why are there some Vietnamese got deported to Vietnam and some still living in the U.S on limbo?

San Diego, CA |

I know a few peoples already deported back to Vietnam. My brother came to the u.s in 2003 and the immigration judge gave him final order of deportation in 2006 for his aggravated felony conviction when he was 19. He currently on limbo, he is working raising a kid. Is there any chances he can avoid deportation. Why are some of the peoples already deported back home and my brother still have his chance to stay here?

Maybe because Vietnam does not agree to receive aggravated felons back.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Vietnam will not agree to accept all deportees.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Good question. Rhetorical one. Hard to answer. Talk to an attorney for case specific conversation.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.