Why are detainees (that are illegal aliens) getting transferred from ICE to the US Marshals?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Washington, DC

I have a relative that was held under custody of ICE, he is an illegal alien and is in process of getting deported, I want to know why he was transferred from being in an ICE correctional facility to US Marshals correctional center, I do not understand the difference or the process of deportation.

1. Kimberly Schaefer

Pro

Answered . There could be several reasons for this. One is that ICE is simply using space at the US Marshals correctional center. Another option is that the government is planning to prosecute him for a crime. Although most immigration violations are not criminal, there are immigration violations that qualify for criminal offenses. The government prosecutes many of these cases.

Your relative needs to talk with an attorney as soon as possible about his case.

(703) 424-2979. Virginia Immigration Lawyer - Helping Future Americans Become Citizens
  2. Kamal Nawash

Answered . There may not be a spicific reason that is related to your friend. ICE moves people from one facility to the other regularly

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . More information is needed to know why he was transferred. It could have to do with a criminal charge or it could be a facility where ICE has a contract to use the facility as an immigration hold facility.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . The Federal government may want to prosecute this person for a Federal Crime.

Get an attorney as-soon-as-possible.