Why are Appellate Attorneys so rare? I can't find one in DFW area

Fort Worth, TX |

My Attorney says he does not know how to obtain the actual uncut footage of the arrest scene and how to determine if the other Officers Vehicle was actually equipped with a Camera or if the Officer is telling the truth when he says his car "was not equipped"

Appellate attorneys are not difficult to find. If you cannot find one here on Avvo, feel free to call my office for a referral. I do not handle appeals but do have a list of outstanding appellate attorneys in the Dallas area.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. Appellate law is very difficult. And it costs a lot too.

3. Your question and the information you provide seem to be about different things. Finding video and such are before trial. Appeal is after trial. I will change the practice area to criminal defense. Maybe a lawyer practicing that area will know what you want.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

4. Attorneys who handle criminal appeals are really not that hard to find. And, a defendant who wants to appeal is certainly not limited to their own area of the state. Appellate law is something that is mostly handled from the lawyers office. So, even if you are in Dallas, it is practical to retain appellate counsel from Austin, Houston, Abilene, El Paso, McAllen, San Angelo...you get the picture.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

5. There are some very knowledeable and experienced criminal attorneys in Tarrant County who handle criminal appeals. If you are looking for someone in Fort Worth, please give me a call (817-877-5472) or email me at LisaHainesLaw@att.net. I would be happy to recommend several appellate attorneys who are honorable and highly regarded in our legal community.

The use of this information shall not create any attorney-client relationship. You should seek and retain professional counsel in your local county.