Why are Appellate Attorneys so rare? I can't find one in DFW area

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

My Attorney says he does not know how to obtain the actual uncut footage of the arrest scene and how to determine if the other Officers Vehicle was actually equipped with a Camera or if the Officer is telling the truth when he says his car "was not equipped"

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Appellate attorneys are not difficult to find. If you cannot find one here on Avvo, feel free to call my office for a referral. I do not handle appeals but do have a list of outstanding appellate attorneys in the Dallas area.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

1

Answered . Attorneys who handle criminal appeals are really not that hard to find. And, a defendant who wants to appeal is certainly not limited to their own area of the state. Appellate law is something that is mostly handled from the lawyers office. So, even if you are in Dallas, it is practical to retain appellate counsel from Austin, Houston, Abilene, El Paso, McAllen, San Angelo...you get the picture.

3. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

2

Answered . Your question and the information you provide seem to be about different things. Finding video and such are before trial. Appeal is after trial. I will change the practice area to criminal defense. Maybe a lawyer practicing that area will know what you want.

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

1

Answered . Appellate law is very difficult. And it costs a lot too.

5. Lisa Mary Haines

Pro

Answered . There are some very knowledeable and experienced criminal attorneys in Tarrant County who handle criminal appeals. If you are looking for someone in Fort Worth, please give me a call (817-877-5472) or email me at LisaHainesLaw@att.net. I would be happy to recommend several appellate attorneys who are honorable and highly regarded in our legal community.