Why am i having a sentencing investigation when a plea deal was already agreed upon with the DA in upstate for petite larceny

when the judge read the deal, he raised his brows and said wow. my attoney never showed up on his para legal. Not happy. I was not aware he was not going to show up. I pleaded not guilty, which I was not aware of because a plea deal was already put in place. I have to do jail time for a misdemeanor for 4 weekends and pay resitution 2300. I am a bit confused why I am having a sentencing investigation. please advise. this is taking place in upstate ny

Boonville, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

This is not unusual. It is required for felony pleas; not required for misdemeanors but many times Judges want the report anyway. Be sure to be truthful and cooperative with probation.

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Criminal Defense Attorney - Garden City, NY

It is mandatory for pleas to crimes, especially when jail is involved.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Criminal Defense Attorney - Monsey, NY

It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

Matisyahu Wolfberg
www.FormerCop.com
NY Criminal defense Attorney