Why am i having a sentencing investigation when a plea deal was already agreed upon with the DA in upstate for petite larceny

Asked almost 2 years ago - Boonville, NY

when the judge read the deal, he raised his brows and said wow. my attoney never showed up on his para legal. Not happy. I was not aware he was not going to show up. I pleaded not guilty, which I was not aware of because a plea deal was already put in place. I have to do jail time for a misdemeanor for 4 weekends and pay resitution 2300. I am a bit confused why I am having a sentencing investigation. please advise. this is taking place in upstate ny

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . This is not unusual. It is required for felony pleas; not required for misdemeanors but many times Judges want the report anyway. Be sure to be truthful and cooperative with probation.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . It is mandatory for pleas to crimes, especially when jail is involved.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Matisyahu Wolfberg

2

Answered . It sounds like you would benefit from an in person consultation with an attorney.

Matisyahu Wolfberg
    www.FormerCop.com
    NY Criminal defense Attorney