Who would like to take this small case (home security monitoring) to sue my soon-to-be ex and recover legal fees?

Auburn Hills, MI |

In my house, I recently installed surveillance cameras to monitor doors and windows from living room, dining room and kitchen. I've watched a lot of cold cases online lately. My soon-to-be-ex didn't object this in the first place. Today, without my consent, she suddenly unplugged all the cameras, saying she doesn't want to be watched. I explained nobody is watching and the video (no audio) will be retrieved only when bad thing happens, and that it is for the safety of the house. I don't want to involve in physical fight with her. Now I have more concerns and want more to use the surveillance cameras. This is my house, and the marriage is less than 1 and half years. She damaged one of the security cameras. I need the judge to tell her stop tampering with my security system and compensate me

The divorce takes time and I need to use the security monitoring system now. I'm positive that as the owner of my house, I have the legal rights to install and use security monitoring in my residence. Even without being able to recover damages and legal fees, I still need to sue her in order to protect my legal rights. So who would like to take my case?

1. I doubt you could collect any damages outside of a divorce case and I can guarantee you that you cannot recover legal fees on Michigan without a contract or statute.

My answer to you question does not constitute legal advice. Only an in person or telephone consultation will result in an attorney/client relationship. Call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss your matter further.

2. I agree with the other attorney who said that it is unlikely that you will collect damages on this case. This sounds like a divorce case. I handle family law cases, and I am available for a free consultation. (517)402-5229

If you are seeking legal advice, you should contact an attorney. Neither use of the information on this page nor an email to this office establishes an attorney-client relationship. Such relationship can only be established by an express agreement.

3. You'll have to PAY up front on this one.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Landlord-tenant law topics