Who we should sue for water damage from our neighbor?

Asked 5 months ago - Cupertino, CA

Our neighbor water damaged to my kitchen。 They admitted it was their fault. However our neighbor and their insurance company refused to pay our damage. Who we should sue? My neighbor or their insurance? thanks, Jessica

Additional information

We made a claim with our insurance company. However, my insurance only cover part of floor and and part of the wall on the dinner room . Because the main damage wall of kitchen side had molds, our insurance also refused to cover that part. We are decide to sue our neighbor, What Kind of Lawyer do I need? There are wide variety of types lawyers. Thanks again. Jessica

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Gary Ralph Ilmanen

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You should sue the neighbor... their insurance company didn't damage your kitchen.

    I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a... more
  2. Ronald A. Cabanayan

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Have you made a claim with your insurance company? Contact them and submit a claim. Let the insurance companies work it out. In the mean time, you can have the repairs made once your insurance company takes a look at the damage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,332 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,332 answers this week

3,056 attorneys answering