Who should i sue?

Asked about 1 year ago - 10156

I was injured in a car accident. Two cars crashed and hit me. In a hospital, I had to operate my knees( doctor said to me that I have to, or it must be amputated). Surgery did not went well and I lost ability to walk. After that I had terrible pain , and other doctor saw that some metal thing is left in my knee.

Thank You all, I will.

1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli

Pro

9

Answered . You should sue the owner and operator of both vehicles, and if either driver was in the course of their employment at the time of the accident, their employers too. It sounds like you sustained terrible injuries. Best of luck, and for a speedy recovery.

2. Craig A. Post

6

Answered . Although the question has been adequately addressed, this is a question you should be asking your attorney. If you don't have one, you are making a mistake. Don't try to do this on your own.

3. Alfred C. Laub

Pro

5

Answered . Both drivers and owners of both vehicles must be sued. Without knowing more, it is possible there may be other potential defendants. There are a number of critical issues which must be explored, including looking into any of your insurance which may be used to cover your existing and ongoing medical expenses. You clearly have serious injuries and, as such, you would benefit from a consultation with an attorney so you can get clear about your options.

I do hope you feel better.
    Alfred Laub

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . You really need to listen to the excellent advise you've received. Consult with qualified person injury counsel asap. Interview several. Look to hire the one you are most comfortable with and confident in. Good luck.

Pro

5

Answered . I would sue everyone to get maximum compensation

6. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

4

Answered . You should retain an experienced personal injury attorney in your own state to represent you. From the facts presented you may be able to bring a claim against both, but an attorney would need to sort this out. You should not give a statement to the insurance companies for either of the two other cars. An experienced attorney can ensure that you bring claims for compensation for all of your damages. I am very sorry that you were so seriously injured in this terrible collision and wish you good luck.

7. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

4

Answered . You absolutely must contact a reputable injury lawyer in your area. They can help you get further care and will maximize your recovery. As others have said, the best practice is to sue both drivers and any owners/employers of the drivers/vehicles who hit you.

8. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . Owners/operators, their employers if on the job, the municipality involved if there may be defects in design/construction/maintenance of the vicinity contributing to the accident. For a more definite list, see your local personal injury attorney.

9. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . Contact a local personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

10. Edward A. Ruffo

Pro

1

Answered . Please hire an experienced attorney ASAP. There are time limits to secure that your medical bills are properly covered. The attorney will know who to sue based on the facts of the accident. It probably will include both drivers and their vehicle owners as well as the town or municipality if there is some defect in the roadway or traffic signal.

11. Mitchell Jan Birzon

Pro

1

Answered . Your claim is substantial and I would waste no time and consult with an attorney who specialized in personal injury law. Your claim will be against the owners and drivers of both vehicle.there may be additional parties to sue such as the government if a component of the facts involving the accident involved defective or negligent road or traffic control issues( ie. poor road design, ineffective or improperly functioning traffic control devices,etc). I wish you all the best for a successful recovery.