Who should be called for a deer stand violation? Police or DNR?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lake City, IA

Our neighbor put a tree stand in a tree that is in our fence line but put it over looking our land. We called the DNR, who removed the stand but did not issue a citation. The neighbor told DNR that it was not his stand. He later testified under oath it was his. Is it too late bring charges against him? This happened in April. The DNR officer knows he lied to him. Should I hire a lawyer as this same guy was caught removing trees from our land and transplanting them on his property.

1. Thomas O. Moens

Answered . Since the tree stand is gone, I doubt the police will do anything about it. Depending on the value of the trees, it might be worthwhile to hire an attorney to at lease send a demand letter to him, and perhaps to provide a "friendly" reminder that trespassing will not be tolerated (though this might serve only to stoke the fire). In what context did he testify under oath?