Skip to main content

Who sets me up for ttd or permanent disability, my w/c doctor I have been seeing or another w/c doctor confused,,,, thanks

Modesto, CA |

I am waiting determination on my back and neck form a fall, the doctor says I need fusion C3-C6, I also have ddd, and discs protruding into my spine, I was permanently stationary from one of my doctors for my shoulder, with future medical if needed, the restrictions he established have eliminated my working in my field, electrical, I am 55 years old, do I need to get a lawyer

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I recommend you getting a good lawyer any time the situation might have an impact on your ability to make money in the future. I agree find a good workers comp lawyer.


You are confused. You don't know what to do. You need your workers comp and disability approved. You are posted the question on an internet site seeking advise. Your question is "Do I need to get a lawyer?"

What do you think?

Let me chance the scenario. The wiring in my house is frying. It smells like burnt wires. I have no experience at all with electrical. I plan on re-wiring my house. Should I hire an electrician? Or should I do the rewire blindfolded?

Yes you need an attorney.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.


Your Primary Treater's will give an opinion of your disability, and if there is a Panel QME that you see, he will also give an opnion. The Court usually follows the QME, because he has no vested interest in performing future surgery, or ratifying past treatment mistakes/abuses.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.



my w/c adjuster didn't want a Q.M.E. . So I thought a PR-4 from my treating doctor would be enough, after all he is their doctor, I would have chose my personal doctor if he was on their list, so should I chose a attorney from caaa, they are all for the injured worker


You should at a very minimum have your case reviewed by a good Northern California workers' compensation attorney who can tell you what your rights are and whether it is a good idea to have representation.

You should also have the facts of your incident reviewed for any potential third-party liability, that is fault on the part of someone other than your employer or a fellow employee that contributed to your injury.

I would be happy to discuss this matter with you.

S. David Rosenthal
2251 Douglas Blvd., Ste. 120
Roseville, CA 95661
Phone: (916)774-7200
Fax: (916)774-7203



I fell off a ladder and dont remember what happened, I dont think there is a third party, and because you are too far away I wouldnt feel comfortable, I think a firm a little closer would be better

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer