Who's in legal trouble here? On a witnesses list of a restraining order that are false witnesses that are his proven accomplices

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

One of them is a police officer from the small town where respondent resides that has threatened the petitioner into stop complaining because " he is my friend, I'm on his side " . Another is someone that is on the record in an unrelated matter stating that she has never been to the place where the facts / stalking ocurred and she does not know the petitioner.
My question is who gets in trouble? The attorney that filed a false witnesses list just to try to " fill up " a list for respondent or the fraudulent people that agreed to be in a false witnesses list? Shouldn't an attorney check what those witnesses can testify about before listing them and filing that into Court?

Question made by the Petitioner , has has true real fear for her safety,. Not every Injunction petitioner is lying or trying to " get " someone, but fighting for their freedom and safety and the right to enjoy the life without living in horror. The respondant is the one with his gang passing as his witnesses ready to lie.

1. George G. Trachtman

4

2

Answered . I am having a bit of trouble following the events, but it seems like there is a hearing for a TRO and the attorney filed a list of witnesses who may testify. If anyone gives false information under oath, they can be found guilty of perjury (and thus to answer your questions, the witnesses can get into trouble). Also, if the attorney knows that the information is false and/or perjury and he elects to present it to the court anyway, then the attorney can get into trouble. Nonetheless, the purpose of the hearings for restraining orders is to evaluate the evidence.

2. David Bradley Dohner

3

Answered . I would urge you to take a look at the Comment which I wrote to give you a better idea of the process here in Florida which leads in almost all instances to issuance of a Temporary Injunction in favor of the Petitioner, and which is a loaded gun handed to someone dying to fire off a couple of rounds.

Take a very close look in particular at the comments I have included regarding the Petition sworn to under oath, which serves as the predicate for the ex-parte issuance of the Temporary Injunction, which has every bit as much potential for abuse as the Permanent Injuntion will, if you do not take appropriate measures to ensure that the Motion for its Issuance is denied.

3. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . If you are handling this matter by yourself, you should reconsider.

You need an experienced criminal defense litigator that also handles injunctions to help exonerate you.

If you cannot find a local attorney on Avvo, a good place to look is the website for the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL.org) Hire the attorney you feel comfortable with and you can afford. There is no confidentiality online. Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable.

FACDL find a lawyer: http://tinyurl.com/8e4h3my