Skip to main content

Who need to fill up i-765ws form

Superior, WI |

In the section of I-765 Form (Application for Employment Authorization), there is another form named: i-765ws. Who need to fill up this form? I got marriage in USA to the US citizen. Do I need to fill up this form too?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. No.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. You do not need the form if you file in conjunction with an adjustment application.

  3. If you married in the USA to a US citizen and seek to apply for a work permit while you adjust your status, you'd use the I-765 form. The I-765ws is used for DACA applicants.

    (626) 771-1078 Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.

  4. I agree with my colleagues that you do not fill it out.

    This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit

  5. That form is for people who are filing for DACA. If your application is for deferred action, you will complete that form.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics