Who makes decision on asylum case?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Manhattan, KS

In my asylum interview at Kansas City field office, the interviewing officer looked convinced about the danger to my life by the Taliban if I returned back to my country Afghanistan.
After the interview, when I asked him would my case be referred to the immigration judge if it is rejected he said that although he could not tell me on the spot that I would be granted asylum, he could tell me that I had a good interview. I took that as a good sign. He also told me that I would receive a mail containing the decision on my case after 2 to 4 weeks.
More than 3 months has passed without any decision but they said my case is being processed and is under review and a final decision has not been made.
Does the interview officer make the decision or there is a team? What can be the delay for?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Best Answer

Answered . Usually the interviewing officer will make the decision.

Please see

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . Interviewing officer or supervisor

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

1

1

Answered . My colleagues are correct.