Who Keeps the engagement ring in California?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Modesto, CA

MyFiance just canceled our wedding date for the second time. Taking marriage completely off the table because of his grown kids throwing a fit and not wanting him to marry again. The second wedding date was for a year down the road. When he canceled the first wedding date for the same reason, we did not have a ring yet.
I was devastated. He got me to believe in him again by by promising me he would never do this again by swearing on his mothers life and promising to let me keep the engagement ring that he was going to purchase for me to seal the promise, if he ever canceled our date of May 30th, 2013. He bought the ring 6 days before christmas and told me it was my christmas present, my valentines present and my birthday present. We booked the sight and I paid the wedding planer

1. Michael John Apicella

2

Best Answer

Answered . The engagement ring is a gift. Even if your ex fiance wants it back, there is no legal obligation to return it.

2. Michael Charles Schwerin

4

Answered . Engagement rings and wedding rings are gifts and can be kept by the person receiving them.

3. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . An engagement ring is a gift. You keep it.