Who is the person that will ENFORCE a Court Order (by the Boulder County Court Judge) and make my X husband pay me back?

Asked 4 months ago - Westminster, CO

My X and myself attended a Contempt of Court hearing; the Judge ordered us to attend Mediation, which we did. the Mediator sent her Mediation Agreement to the Court and it was made a Court Order. My X decided NOT to obey the Court Order. I filed another Contempt of Court order against him and we went back to court & stood before the Judge. The Judge ordered him to follow the MOU. As of today, my X still refuses to pay me. ** What can I do now? The Judge isn't insisting on enforcing anything that was made a Court Order. (Boulder County Court)

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . As a former judge, the judge should have imposed some form of punishment if your ex did not comply with the court order, instead of just ordering him to comply. I typically imposed the maximum jail in CO (180 days) and stayed the jail as long as the person was in compliance with the court order. As soon as they fell out of compliance, then the stay on the jail was lifted and a warrant with 180 days of jail and no bond was issued. I am not sure if the judge simply does not understand contempt or is not getting the severity of the situation. I have a good friend, David Rich, who is a family law attorney in Boulder who can assist you with this. You can search for him with the Find a Lawyer tool on Avvo. He is very active on this site and simply let him know that I referred him to you. He will likely be able to have the court order your ex to pay for his attorneys fees as well

2. Stephen Clark Harkess

Pro

2

Answered . It may be necessary to file contempt several times before the judge reaches the point that he or she will issue serious penalties such as jail time. Alternatively, you can have money owed to you reduced to a judgment so that you can garnish your ex-husband's wages or his bank accounts if he has money that you can access in that manner.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

1

Answered . The judge.

Take him (ex) back to court.

Justice sometimes grinds slow, but it grinds fine.