Who is the next of kin where a divorced male with two adult children plus his mother dies without a will?

Summit, NY |

Male was 53 years of age. Has two adult children by his first wife.
Male was divorced from two wives
Has an elderly (73) mother surviving him.

The children are the next of kin. Which ever one petitions first will be appointed Administrator of his estate. The estate will be split between them.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. www.PatchogueAttorney.com You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.

2. The children would be next of kin.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. I can be reached any time at 347-289-5886. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

3. Yes as an intestate, his assets would be divided equally between the two children.

4. Children equally intestate.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Wills and estates topics