Who is responsible to repay loss

Pearland, TX |

I Hired a licensed bonded and insured cleaning service. After a period of time we noticed
jewerely missing. Police investigation proved one of the individuals doing cleaning stold
$50,000.00 of cash and jewerely. Individual awaiting trial. cleaning service advertised
"you wont even know our courteous employees are there. The cleaning service is now stating they are not responsible, these are contract employees. If I had know that they where going to deny responsibility for anything I would not have used them.

1. I have adjusted the tags on your question, as even though it was criminal, you need to retain a civil litigation attorney to sue the employer.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

2. You may have several kinds of claims for your damage. You should be able to get a free initial consultation with a lawyer without charge to discuss things. Look up my profile, and call for an appointment if you feel I can help you. In addition to misrepresenting things, they may also be guilty of negligent hiring, and other things.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

3. Yes, you should visit with a civil attorney and consider Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.