Who is responsible to repay loss

Asked about 2 years ago - Pearland, TX

I Hired a licensed bonded and insured cleaning service. After a period of time we noticed
jewerely missing. Police investigation proved one of the individuals doing cleaning stold
$50,000.00 of cash and jewerely. Individual awaiting trial. cleaning service advertised
"you wont even know our courteous employees are there. The cleaning service is now stating they are not responsible, these are contract employees. If I had know that they where going to deny responsibility for anything I would not have used them.

1. Theresa Cay Langford

4

Answered . I have adjusted the tags on your question, as even though it was criminal, you need to retain a civil litigation attorney to sue the employer.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

4

Answered . You may have several kinds of claims for your damage. You should be able to get a free initial consultation with a lawyer without charge to discuss things. Look up my profile, and call for an appointment if you feel I can help you. In addition to misrepresenting things, they may also be guilty of negligent hiring, and other things.

3. Bart Charles Craytor

3

Answered . Yes, you should visit with a civil attorney and consider Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations.

Carmine John Giardino
    Carmine John Giardino, General Practice Lawyer - San Antonio, TX
    Posted about 2 years ago.

You can hold them liable under agency theories of responsibility. Not clear whether the $50,000 you are referring to was your jewelry or if you were citing an example of someone else harmed by this company