Who is responsible for vet bills if my dog attack my neighbors dog in my yard.

Asked about 2 years ago - Greensboro, NC

My neighbors dog was broke loose form his yard and came into mine. I had just came home and let my pitbull out to use the bathroom. I never saw the lil dog when i let my dog out but in a matter of seconds after i let him out the door. I heard them at the stoop. I got them a loose and the lil dog ran off. Am i responsible for the lil dog even thou he was in my yard?

1. 2

Answered . Typically, a person is not liable for veterinary bills under the circumstances that you describe. Their can be exceptions. If this person brings a claim against you, you can turn it over to your homeowners insurance. You may want to contact an attorney in your area for further guidance.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.
  2. Answered . Based on the facts you present, no, you are not.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.