Who is responsible for maintaining trees on shoulder of road

Asked about 1 year ago - Middletown, NY

several trees in front of my house are almost dead. Eventually they will fall on my house. The trees are about 4 inches on the town's right of way and the rest of the tree trunk in on my property. Who is responsible for paying to remove the tree? If the town is responsible and the tree falls on my house must the town pay actual value of the house or replacement value? I told the town mayor to remove the tree via certified mail and am being ignored

1. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

3

Answered . In most towns you are responsible for paying for the removal, however, you need to get a permit from the town or the town will remove and bill you.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . You

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . Yuo need to see if this is covered in your town's local law.