Who is responsible for continuing nuisance on the property?

Asked 11 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

My neighbor often has multiple guests who cause disruptions, steal, fight, keep me up all hours of the night, etc.. She has allowed two friends to move in against the landlords wishes. The landlord agrees that there is a problem, but nothing is done, and the nuisance continues. I recently had my keys stolen from a common area, and am afraid to leave my place for work. Can I refuse to pay rent until something is done?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

2

2

Answered . "Can I refuse to pay rent until something is done?" -- That would not be a good tactic. You would probably find yourself facing an unlawful detainer action. You may wish to contact the City Attorney's Office. They offer informal dispute resolution (mediation) for issues such as these. Optionally, you may choose to move or file suit against your landlord for breach of the covenant of quiet enjoyment. Good luck.