Who is responsible for a leaking non flushing toilet the landlord or the tent

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Wayne, IN

They called out roto rooter witch was to cost 300.00 to fix. The land lord refused to pay. Said nothing wrong. But yet she her self saw a leaking toilet. Gave the landlord one more day to fix. Gave up called a plummer who fixed it for 150.00 took out rent. Now she says I am in the rear of 150.00 whos to fix me or landlord

1. Timothy Alan Coe

Answered . Your lease will control the situation. Read your lease carefully to see who is responsible for what.

Best of luck!

2. Eric Charles Lewis

Answered . If your lease is silent on the issue, by default, under Indiana law, the landlord is responsible for the repair upon due notice and if given sufficient or reasonable time to respond.