Who is responsible for a 3 car pile up? Car 1 hit by car 2 hit by car 3 DUI and fled. If 3 is uninsured how is car 1 compensated

Asked over 1 year ago - Livermore, CA

Car 1(me) stopped at traffic light behind a few other cars. Car 1 gets rear ended and is not pushed into others. Didn't get out to assess but pulled over after seeing an SUV with crashed front pass slowly on the right. Parked on right hand cross street to watch the SUV crazily try to drive away oblivious to me trying to get her attention. Then realized there was another car that actually hit my car from the rear. This car #2 was rear ended by the car #3 that drove away. Driver for car 3 apprehended and DUI. Didn't see, but assume that car 3 pushed car 2 into car 1. Witness stopped to help. Can't afford rental car, ours badly damaged. How do I seek compensation for my car and Dr. bills? I only have liability, but clearly at no fault. Want to expedite this because I need wheels!

1. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

14

Answered . I am glad that you sought medical attention first and I hope that you are feeling better. The way to expedite the process of receiving compensation is to hire a car accident personal injury attorney and bring all pertinent medical and insurance records to the meeting. Car accident attorneys often offer free consultations to understand what the details of the case are and how to best advocate on the clients behalf. I have over 20 years of experience in successfully handling car accident cases across California and I would be more than happy to review your case. I hope that I can be of greater service to you.
    Scott J Corwin
    (310) 207-4030

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

12

Answered . File police report give after both cars see who pays. Also an attorney would help.

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

11

1

Answered . Car 1 was stopped and then rearended by car 2. Car 2 was stopped and was pushed by car3. Car 3 is liable for bot damages. If you only have liability you can recover only for medical bills and car repairs. To expedite, hire a lawyer. Best of luck.

4. Steven Mark Sweat

6

Answered . You have potential claims against both of the drivers behind you. You should open claims with the insurance carriers for both vehicles. You need to retain an attorney to assist you with this immediately. The driver that was DUI faces potential punitive damages in addition to having to pay for your medical bills and property damages.