Who is responsable for repair cost ?

Kingsland, TX |

I had a renter that had an internet antena attatched to My house without permission. He moved out two mounths ago. Last week someone from the internet company removed it and left holes where it was mounted. I thought they would have to contact the OWNER of the property for permissinn to attatch the anteha ? Who do I have to go after to have the dammage fixed ? My old renter or the internet company ?My lease did say that resident shall not attach to the building any decorations or devices in the residence except with written permission from owner. When I did see the antena I thought it was a TV antena and it would stay with the property.

They are both likely responsible. So, you can write to both to demand repairs or reimbursement for the repairs. The internet company's deal with your tenant is not binding on you since you did not sign it. The internet company may have had the tenant's permission, but without yours, the internet company does not have much of a legal leg to stand on.

Get an estimate to repair the damage. Make sure that you take photos of the damage. If not too expensive, you may consider making the repairs and then making claim against the internet company and your tenant. If less than $10,000, you can sue in small claims court. But before you sue, write a letter by certified mail to the internet company and your tenant to demand payment for the repairs. You can use the letter as evidence in your suit, if you have to file one.

Recommended articles about Real estate