Who is liable to reimburse me if my tire blow out due to a metal water utility cover being left open on a state highway?

Asked over 1 year ago - Parsippany, NJ

I was driving on State Highway 202 in Princeton, NJ when my car hit the metal water utility cover that had been left open and caused my tire to blow out. A police report was made and I had to replace the tire. Who is liable to reimburse me?

1. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

6

Answered . No one is going to reimburse you for the tire. Sorry.

Pro

4

Answered . Nobody, but you can buy a Powerball ticket

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

5

Answered . You must find out which legal entity is in charge of maintaining the the metal water utility cover and file a complaint with either the State, The County or the local city. You should make sure to include the name of the water utility company as well in your pleading. There are very short statues of limitations in these types of claims, so you must act quick. Best of luck.

4. George Costas Andriotis

5

Answered . Unfortunately, it doesn't appear anybody will be reimbursing you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Michael R Crosner

3

Answered . Sorry to say but not worth the time to even attempt reimbursement

6. Tatiana Kadetskaya

3

Answered . A genie in a bottle maybe?