Who is liable for any injuries?

Peachtree City, GA |

I backed out of parking lot space extremely slowly because my view was obstructed. I was going less than 5MPH (which I believe is the parking lot's speed limit). I think the driver was over the speed limit. My wheels were already turned, so the right corner of his front bumper hit the left side of my back bumper. Even so, I can accept that blame. But since I was under 5MPH, am I responsible for any injury he sustained if he was over the speed limit and not wearing his seat belt?
My foot was still on the brake while I inched out. The driver got out of the car, said he would call the police and then pulled the car to the side of the road. However, AFTER the driver realized there was no ID in his glove box, he started holding his head and told mall security that he needed to go to the ER.

IYou should report the matter to your insurance carrier first. If a claim is made your carrier will defend you and be responsible for any settlement or judgment up to your policy limits. Good luck.

2. This is the second time you posted the same question, and the answer does not change by reposting it. Yes, you backed up and you're at fault. And that is why you have insurance. If the other driver was hurt, your insurer defends you and pays claims. So stop worrying. (Note that his speeding and seat belt may weaken his claim in that your insurer may argue BOTH of you were negligent, but they'll deal with that, so stop worrying.)

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

3. Report it to your insurance company, and they will pay for the damages you caused.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

4. Yes, probably.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033
    404-636-6616