Who is liable for a car accident caused by broken brakes? I drove a manufacture defect car and didn't have it repaired.

The brake systems of a car is faulty because of the manufacturers fault. Despite knowing this, I continue to drive the car around without having it repaired. At some point, the faulty brake systems caused me an accident. Who is liable for this? What law states who is liable for such?

1. If you drove the car knowing that the brakes were faulty, I would suggest that you are the responsible party. I would report that accident to you insurance carrier.

2. See my previous answer to your question

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

3. You are responsible.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. Since you knew that the brakes were faulty, you are responsible due to your negligence to get the brakes repaired and driving around in a vehicle that you knew could not necessarily respond to certain traffic conditions.

5. There is no question that you would be held responsible. My question is why would you risk injuring yourself and others by driving with faulty brakes that you believe are covered under a manufacturer's warranty? You need to stop driving this vehicle immediately and have it towed to a repair facility to fix the brakes.